The ailing Routerboard 411 in one of my previous posts has been sitting in a plastic tub under my bed awaiting replacement capacitors, a sudden level-up in my soldering ability, and a dramatic increase in my level of confidence in not destroying things by jabbing at them with a giant heating element. I still have none of the three; however, one of my friends donated his time and effort and replaced the four dead capacitors for me. (Thanks, Will! I owe you a gift card.)
Now that the capacitors have been replaced, I’ve put OpenWRT on the device for good. The instructions here are dubious. I did things the manual way according to this blog post, starting from the point after I had booted into OpenWRT’s ramdisk image as detailed in my previous post about this router.